Tuesday 13 July 2010

How Not to Bake Banana Bread

My fellow UK Etsians are always baking and cooking the most wonderful things. They share advice and recipes and all their creations are look mouth watering delicious. Personally, I have never been much of a baker except for the most basic of buns and pies. I decided it was time to have a go and show them that I too can bake a delicious offering.
Several ripe bananas in the fruit bowl caught my eye so banana bread was the obvious choice. I gathered up the ingredients, preheated the oven and got my toddler to mash the bananas. The mixture went in the oven, I checked it often and here is the result..........

how not to bake banana bread!

3 comments:

  1. awwwww

    was your oven too hot?

    trim the well-done bits off, cover it in custard - no-one will know it wasnt meant to be like that ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. don't give up min! i am still getting used to my oven and it almost murdered my banana bread yesterday, lol. the cake was raw at the bottom, while the stoopad oven was burning it at the top... i will be persevering by playing about with the temp/shelf height/cooking time and trying to cover the top half way through like marm ^^^ suggested... we can do it! and then you and i can have a BAKE OFF!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL! Bake off - love it!

    yes I'm sure the oven was too hot even though I set it to 180!

    ReplyDelete